Social interactions and economic outcomes
Readings due before class on Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Important: The PDFs of the individual chapters are posted on Learning Suite.
Also important: The PDFs tend to be denser and more academic. You can read them with less careful attention (i.e. feel free to skim and get the gist of what they’re saying).
- Introduction and 2.1-2.12 in Economy, Society, and Public PolicyThe CORE Team, Economy, Society, and Public Policy, 2019, https://www.core-econ.org/espp/.
- Play through “The Evolution of Trust” by Nicky Case
- Radiolab, “One Good Deed Deserves Another,” part 3 in “The Good Show,” season 9, episode 1
- Radiolab, “The Golden Rule,” part 1 in “What’s Left When You’re Right?,” season 12, episode 6
- Golden Balls Split or Steal video clip (watch after listening to “The Golden Rule”)
- Another Golden Balls Split or Steal video clip
- Chapter 2 in Frederick W. Mayer, Narrative Politics: Stories and Collective ActionFrederick W. Mayer, Narrative Politics: Stories and Collective Action (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2014).
- Chapter 1 in Brian Skyrms, The Stag Hunt and the Evolution of Social StructureBrian Skyrms, The Stag Hunt and the Evolution of Social Structure (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003).