Work, wellbeing, and scarcity II + nudges
Readings due before class on Monday, February 11, 2019
Important: The PDFs of the individual chapters are posted on Learning Suite.
- Introduction, chapter 1, and chapter 5 in Richard H. Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein, Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and HappinessRichard H. Thaler and Cass R. Sunstein, Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness (New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 2008).
(Remember to use your grad school reading skills.)
- At least two of these episodes:
- Freakonomics Radio, “The Men Who Started a Thinking Revolution,” January 4, 2017
- Freakonomics Radio, “Should We Really Behave like Economists Say We Do?,” June 4, 2015
- Freakonomics Radio, “Big Returns from Thinking Small,” March 29, 2017
- Freakonomics Radio, “The White House Gets Into the Nudge Business,” November 2, 2016
- Planet Money, “Nudge, Nudge, Nobel,” episode 803
- Hidden Brain, “Predictably Unpredictable: Why We Don’t Act Like We Should,” October 23, 2017