Firms and markets
Readings due before class on Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- Introduction and 7.1-7.12 in Economy, Society, and Public PolicyThe CORE Team, Economy, Society, and Public Policy, 2019, https://www.core-econ.org/espp/.
- Chapters 7 and 12 in Naked EconomicsCharles Wheelan, Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science, 2nd ed. (New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2010).
- Freakonomics Radio, “Why Uber Is an Economist’s Dream,” September 7, 2016
- Steve Sexton, “The Inefficiency of Local Food”, Freakonomics Blog, November 14, 2011
- Play at least 15 minutes of “Universal Paperclips”WARNING: This game can take over your life for the next day or so, which can be really fun and rewarding, but also it will seriously for real consume every waking moment for a few hours. This is your official warning.
- Michael Eisen, “Amazon’s $23,698,655.93 book about flies,” April 22, 2011