Markets and macroeconomics
Readings due before class on Wednesday, March 13, 2019
Note: This ESPP chapter inches into the world of macroeconomics, which goes beyond the scope of this class. Read/skim chapter 10 in ESPP, but not super in depth.
- Chapter 10 in Economy, Society, and Public PolicyThe CORE Team, Economy, Society, and Public Policy, 2019, https://www.core-econ.org/espp/.
- Chapter 10 in Naked EconomicsCharles Wheelan, Naked Economics: Undressing the Dismal Science, 2nd ed. (New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 2010).
- This American Life, “The Giant Pool of Money,” episode 355, May 9, 2008This episode inspired The Big Short (2015), which, because we’re at BYU, I can’t recommend to you (there are 90 uses of f***!).
- Planet Money, “A Locked Door, a Secret Meeting, and the Birth of the Fed,” episode 505, December 20, 2013
- What’s all the Yellen About? Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve
- The Fed Explains Monetary Policy